Specialists In Tunnelling & Underground Space
"As an industry leader since 1994 , Active Tunnelling is the UK's most experienced independent Tunnelling contractor specialising in Microtunnelling, Auger Boring, Shaft Sinking, Pipe jacking and traditional methods. They offer a comprehensive range of services to the water and civil engineering industries across the UK & Ireland."
More than just a tunnelling company, Active Tunnelling delivers all encompassing projects solutions: whether it is a segmental shaft or complete project management from 'Tunnel' to final landscaping, Active Tunnelling delivers flexible, and tailor made solutions to suit any brief.
It prides itself on its long list of clients that includes amongst others the UK's leading construction companies and is proud to claim total satisfaction on every job.
A dedicated, experienced and highly skilled team are at the core of Active's success, this weight of experience backed by the UK's largest independent specialist plant enables Active Tunnelling to deliver on time every time.
ATL have one of the largest selections of specialist plant in the UK, this includes a large fleet of Microtunnelling, Auger Boring and Pipejacking machines/equipment in various sizes and capable do go through any ground condition, hydraulic rams capable of pushing from 50 - 500 tonne each, vertical hydraulic grabs capable of going down 25m, excavators ranging from 3t - 30t, A Range of Cranes upto 90t and a whole lot of innovative specialist equipment to deliver safe and sustainable projects.
ATL has its Own Fleet of Transport from Vans to Low Loaders to ensure efficient mobilisation and to effectively monitor our carbon footprint, making the most out of every journey by managing loads in a safe and sustainable manner.
ATL are continually investing in new Plant and Machinery, have our own in house R&D and expert engineering division to ensure the quality and service offered is never compromised. A plant yard employing 16 permanent staff is testimony to our strict maintenance programme and fast response time should our site teams encounter any problems.
Agility, Collaborative, Trust, Innovate, Value, Excellence
Memberships, Accreditations & Publication Links
- Professional management team with over 40 years experience.
- Fast response to enquiries.
- Quick mobilisation to site.
- Fast and efficient service whilst maintaining a high standard of safety & quality.
- Technical support/design where required.
- Specialist Plant - Crane Hire available
- Award winning innovative techniques and engineering.
- A completed project to a high quality at a reasonable price.
- A willingness to work as one team with all parties to ensure satisfaction.
- Quality Assured ISO 9001:2015 Registered Firm
- OHSAS 18001:2007 Certification
- ISO 14001 Certification
- SSIP Accredited SMAS
- Constructionline Approved
- Builders Profile
- Achilles UVDB Approved
- FORS Standard Fleet Available for deliveries.
- Work to BS11000 standard for collaborative working